I’m dedicating the coming fortnight (that’s two weeks to you non-Brits) to the lowly chest tube. It’s taken for granted, but there is a lot a variability on how we insert, manage, and pull out these devices. Here’s what’s coming, starting tomorrow:
- Videos on how to insert a chest tube and pigtail catheter
- A video on how to pull a chest tube properly
- Chest tube tips and tricks
- A practice guideline for chest tube management
- Troubleshooting chest tubes
- Collection systems gone bad
- Lateral chest x-ray for pneumothorax: waste of time?
- When to remove a chest tube
- Autotransfusing blood from the collection system
If you want email reminders every day when a post goes live, just click here to subscribe!