Emergency Medicine & Trauma Update – Bloomington, MN 10/28/10
“Torso Trauma Update” presented at 8:40AM.
For a copy of the slideset, click here.
- What is the utility of focused assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST) exam in penetrating torso trauma? Injury, in press, 2010.
- CT of blunt abdominal and pelvic vascular injury. Emerg Radiology 17:21-29, 2010
- More operations, more deaths? Relationship between operative intervention and risk-adjusted mortality at trauma centers. J Trauma 69(1):70-77, 2010
Here’s a short video that shows you everything you need to know. Enjoy!
This video demonstrates tips, indications and technique for performing needle decompression of the chest for tension pneumothorax.
How to Clinically Clear the Cervical Spine
The “4×4” Technique:
- Make sure you really should clear this spine.
- Explain the process to the patient.
- Clear it!
- Document it!
Home of the Trauma Professional's Blog