All trauma centers in the US, and many in other parts of the world, are required to have injury prevention programs. Level I centers in the States are also required to have a named Injury Prevention Coordinator with a job description and salary support.
In this newsletter, I’m going to dig into the specifics of injury prevention. Some of the topics I will cover include:
- Explaining the American College of Surgeons injury prevention requirements
- A list of the most common types of injury prevention programs around the US
- Efficacy of specific prevention programs (violence prevention, elderly falls)
- Making your injury prevention coordinator great
- Tips on designing an excellent trauma prevention program
- And more!
This issue will be available sometime in mid-December. As usual, it will be emailed to all subscribers first. About two weeks later, I’ll make it available to all here on the blog.
If you want to get it as soon as it is released, please subscribe by clicking here! And you can pick up back issues when you follow the link, too!